St. Patrick's Day Brunch and Parade
* Note that the brunch is sold out.
Saturday, 17 March 2012
10 a.m. Pre–parade brunch
The Yale Club of New York City
50 Vanderbilt Ave. (at 44th St.) | New York, N.Y.
The Office of Alumni Relations invites you to join them in marching in the 251st New York City St. Patrick's Day Parade.
The Fordham University assembly point is on East 45th Street, between Madison and Vanderbilt avenues. Our official scheduled assemble time is 12:20 p.m.
Please note the dress code for the parade is comfortable business attire.
All Fordham participants need to wear Fordham sashes to march with Fordham University. Sashes will be distributed at both the brunch and at Fordham's assembly point.
The sash distributors will be wearing Fordham maroon, be identified by Fordham balloons, and be located along the perimeter of the assembly point.
Marchers will be required to abide by the official St. Patrick's Day Marching Rules and Dress Code:
1. Dress code is comfortable business attire.
2. Funny and or green hats, wigs, face paint, sneakers and green-dyed hair are not permitted.
3. Drinking, smoking and eating are prohibited.
4. Wagons are not permitted on the parade route.
5. Units need to be in proper formation before approaching Fifth Avenue
6. All marchers are expected to maintain the same pace during the parade; strolling or falling back in the line is not permitted.
7. Straight, organized lines are to be maintained at all times, with 10 marchers per row.
8. After the group has stepped off, no one may enter or exit the parade route.
9. Strollers need to maintain the same pace as the marchers, and falling back in line is not permitted.
10. Animals and mascots are prohibited.
11. Displays of any kind are prohibited.
12. Shirts with advertisements are not prohibited.
13. One identifying banner for each unit.
This year's parade will be marched in honor of all American veterans—from every branch of service and from every war and conflict.
Register for the parade.
For more information, contact Michael Trerotola, alumni relations officer, at (212) 636-7663 or email@example.com.
View this event on Facebook.